ABOUT THE AVCJPA
We are a Joint Powers Authority under the laws of the state of California. View the Joint Powers Agreement which became effective in 2017. The first meeting of the Arroyo Verdugo Communities Joint Powers Authority Governing Board was held October 2017. Prior to that time, and since the 1990s, there was an informal group of all of the member agencies, with the exception of the County, called the Arroyo Verdugo Subregion. That organization addressed mutual concerns but did not handle fiduciary matters. When Metro Measure M funding became available in 2016, the agencies wanted to become capable of handling fiduciary matters, and also then added the County (La Crescenta/Montrose) in part because Metro included the County in the group of Arroyo Verdugo Measure M agencies to receive funds.
AGENDA & MEETINGS NOTIFICATIONS
Sign up to receive agenda & meetings notifications
To serve our member agencies and constituents in the Arroyo Verdugo Subregion through coordinated efforts on regional transportation, mobility, and infrastructure solutions that support sustainable living and a high quality of life.
View the Arroyo Verdugo Communities Joint Powers Authority (AVCJPA) Strategic Plan, adopted on November 5, 2020.
The AVCJPA is proud to represent six member agencies devoted to the best transportation for all those residing in the subregional area. Altogether, the AVCJPA represents over half a million people residing in the Arroyo Verdugo Subregion on transportation matters.
- Burbank (https://www.burbankca.gov)
- Glendale (https://www.glendaleca.gov)
- La Cañada Flintridge (https://cityoflcf.org)
- Pasadena (https://cityofpasadena.net)
- South Pasadena (https://www.southpasadenaca.gov)
- County of Los Angeles 5th District (La Crescenta-Montrose)
The Arroyo Verdugo Communities Joint Powers Authority Governing Board meets every other month on the 1st Thursday of the month (beginning each February) at 4:00 p.m., for a total of six regular meetings per year. The meetings are normally held in the City Council Chamber of the City of Pasadena City Hall located at 100 N. Garfield Ave, Pasadena, CA 91101. In accordance with Governor’s Executive Order N-25-20, the Arroyo Verdugo Joint Powers Authority are currently virtual. The AVCJPA Governing Board meetings are subject to the Brown Act.
Each of the six member agencies has one vote. Members are appointed by City Council action, or, in the case of the County of Los Angeles, appointed the 5th District Supervisor. Each agency has the right to appoint one Member and one Alternate to the Governing Board. However, the appointment of Alternates is not mandatory
The AVCJPA Governing Board can make appointments to SCAG Policy Committees and to Cal Cities. The appointments are as follows:
- SCAG Community, Economic and Human Committee (CEHDC) Representative
Councilmember Nicholas Schultz, City of Burbank
- SCAG Energy, & Environment Committee (EEC) Representative
Councilmember Daniel Brotman, City of Glendale
- SCAG Transportation Committee (TC) Representative
Councilmember Jonathan Primuth, City of South Pasadena
- Cal Cities – Los Angeles County Division – Regional Director
Diana Mahmud, City of South Pasadena
The AVCJPA operates using staff from member agencies, who dedicate a portion of their City time to the AVCJPA. There are no employees. Funds for these staff hours are collected from the member agencies as part of the annual dues. The non-elected positions and services directly appointed by the Governing Board are as follows:
- Executive Director (City of La Cañada Flintridge)
- Treasurer (City of La Cañada Flintridge)
- Metro Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC) Representative – (City of Burbank)
- Metro Policy Advisory Committee – Executive Director (City of La Canada Flintridge)
The AVCJPA Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC)
- The AVCJPA Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC) consists of staff from all Member Agencies. This group meets regularly, as needed, approximately six times per year.
- Legal Consulting Services – Cities of Burbank and Glendale
- Website – City of Pasadena and City of La Cañada Flintridge
- City of Burbank: BurbankBus https://www.burbankbus.org and other services https://www.burbankca.gov/residents/transportation
- County of Los Angeles (La Crescenta/Montrose): Beeline Bus https://www.glendaletransit.com
- City of Glendale: Beeline Bus, Dial-A-Ride and other services: https://www.glendaletransit.com
- City of La Cañada Flintridge: Beeline bus, Dial-A-Ride: https://cityoflcf.org/live-well/transportation
- City of South Pasadena: Dial-A-Ride and other services https://www.southpasadenaca.gov/government/departments/community-services/dial-a-ride
- City of Pasadena: Pasadena Transit and Pasadena Dial-A-Ride: https://www.cityofpasadena.net/pasadena-transit